Sunday, 15 September 2013

Best Pumpkin Pie (Low Carb & Gluten Free)



Here's the pumpkin recipe I promised... and it was so good, it was gone that night so I couldnt even take a picture! This recipe uses up the exact amount of pumpkin leftover I had leftover from the cheesecake, so I usually make these two together, and I got to use my almond flour crust, again. Plus, the is seriously the simplest pie to make, just throw everything in the blender, pour into a crust and bake! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I did!

Makes one pie

Ingredients
2 cups pumpkin
2 eggs
2/3 cup whole milk
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 cup sucanat
1-2 tsps cinnamon
1/2 nutmeg
1/2 ground ginger
Pinch of cloves
1/4 tsp salt

Directions
Preheat oven to 425F. In a blender, whirl all ingredients together until completely combined and smooth. Pour into prepared crust and bake for 20 minutes. Lower temperature to 350 and bake for another 50-60 minutes, or until knife comes out clean and edges start to crack. Cool for at least 30 minutes. Cut and enjoy!

Adapted from a Healthy & Yummy Desserts blog recipe

Nutritional Info (Per one 1/8 slice)
Low Carb
Calories: 225
Total Fat: 5 . 2g
Sat. Fat: 2 . 8g
Cholesterol: 60mg
Sodium: 241 . 8mg
Carbs: 33 . 5g
Fibre: 5 . 8g
Net. Carbs: 27 . 7g
Sugars: 10 . 1g
Protein: 4 . 1g

Classic
Calories: 350
Total Fat: 20g
Sat. Fat: 8g
Trans Fat: 2g
Cholesterol: 85mg
Sodium: 370mg
Carbs: 36g
Fibre: 2g
Net. Carbs: 34g
Sugars: 21g
Protein: 7g




No comments:

Post a Comment