Thursday, 15 August 2013

Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge (Low Carb & Gluten Free)


The perfect combo, chocolate and peanut butter


You know you want some... 







This summer I had a plan... and this plan was to post once every week or so. But it turns out, the last time I posted was almost a whole month ago! I hope this amazing recipe will just blow your mind with the creamyness and amazing flavours, so you forget about the other two or three recipes I could've made in the past weeks... and look guys, I put more pictures to make up for it! My grandparents did however stay with us for a week, and I made them crème brûlée (but not low carb, agh!). I was also volunteering at a family camp for a week, which is always the highlight of my summer. Okay, okay. Enough with the excuses, on with the fudge!

Makes about 20 pieces of fudge

Ingredients
1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
2 bars (100g each) 85% Lindt dark chocolate
1 cup xylitol
1 cup whole milk
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter

Directions
Melt chocolate in a double boiler over medium-high heat. Add xylitol whisk until dissolved.  Add in milk and mix well. When the mixture is smooth, add your peanut butter. Whisk until there are few or no lumps. Pour into a 9x9 pan and smooth the top. Chill for about an hour or until hardened. Cut into squares and enjoy!

Adapted from a Tatertots and Jello blog recipe

Nutritional Info (per one square of fudge)
Low Carb
Calories: 174
Total Fat: 14 . 7g
Sat. Fat: 5 . 7g
Cholesterol: 10 . 2mg
Sodium: 10 . 5mg
Carbs: 5 . 6g
Fibre: 2 . 2g
Net. Carbs: 3 . 4g
Sugars: 1 . 6g
Protein: 5 . 1g

Classic
Calories: 236
Total Fat: 17 . 7g
Sat. Fat: 7 . 7g
Cholesterol: 15mg
Sodium: 44mg
Carbs: 19g
Fibre: 1 . 9g
Net. Carbs: 17 . 1g
Sugars: 15 . 2g
Protein: 5g


No comments:

Post a Comment