Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Chocolate French Silk Pie (Low Carb & Gluten Free)



I'm back on a chocolate phase... whoops. Doesn't that look so good though? Yeah, that's not mine... It's my photo though, does that count for a little? Yes, my photo, one taken with a camera! I got half a camera for my birthday (which is in 6 days!) so I can take better pictures for all y'all.  

This weekend my family and I flew out to Alberta to surprise my grandpa for his 70th birthday. We went out for dinner and had ethiopian food and amazing pies for dessert (PS that's the pie I had up there)  It was so good but of course, carbolicious. So when I came home I decided to make my own, à la low carb. That's the one down below I made.


Not quite as beautiful, but just as scrumptious and plus, it's better for you! 


Makes one pie

Ingredients
Almond flour crust
1 cup whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz (one brick) cream cheese, softened
3 tbsps cocoa powder
3/4 cup xylitol or erythritol

Directions
Whip whipping cream until firm. Add all other ingredients and mix until completely combined and smooth. Pour into cooled pie crust and chill for at least an hour. Cut and enjoy!

Adapted from a CDK blog recipe

Nutritional Info (per 1/8 slice with crust)
Low Carb
Calories: 401
Total Fat: 35 . 4g
Sat. Fat: 16 . 7g
Cholesterol: 83 . 3mg
Sodium: 131mg
Carbs: 42 . 8g
Fibre: 25 . 6g
Net. Carbs: 17 . 2g
Sugars: 0 . 8g
Protein: 6 . 9g

Classic
Calories: 430
Total Fat: 30g
Sat. Fat: 18g
Trans Fat: 0 . 5g
Cholesterol: 135 . 3mg
Sodium: 260mg
Carbs: 33g
Fibre: 1g
Net. Carbs: 32g
Sugars: 21g
Protein: 4 . 5g





No comments:

Post a Comment