Wednesday, 26 June 2013

New York Style Mini Cheesecakes (Low Carb & Gluten Free)



This is for all you non-chocolate lovers. Yes, it's quite hard to believe but there are some people out there that don't prefer chocolate, but there are. I realized, after my Grandma (one of you fellow non-chocolate lovers) told me, I do make a lot of chocolatey things, so I decided to even it out a little now. So, here you are Grandma! In this recipe I used my almond flour crust recipe (doubled), but it doesn't need a crust if you choose not to use one.

Finally! School is out! It's actually pretty boring after the first week, except for the sleeping in, that never gets old. I finally got out of the summer-boredom trance when my friend, Ashlee, invited me over to make some cookies. They where so good and carbolicous and... yum. Unfortunatly I couldn't find a low carb version to make so I made these instead! Make sure to visit her blog mydiyhigh.blogspot.ca for everything DIY from baking to beading to crafts!


Makes 24 mini cheesecakes

Ingredients
3 8oz packages of plain cream cheese, each cut into 3 and softened
1/3 cup + 2 tbsps xylitol
1 1/2 tsps vanilla
3 eggs

Directions
Preheat oven to 325F. Line two muffin tins with paper liners. Add heaping tablespoon fulls of crust mixture into each liner and press into the bottom. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, xylitol and vanilla until combined. Add in eggs and whisk until completly smooth, no lumps! Pour mixture into muffin liners until about 3/4 of the way up. Hit your muffin tins against your counter a few times just to even out the surface and get rid of any air bubbles. Bake for 30 minutes or until very slightly browning and toothpick comes out clean. Chill for at least an hour and enjoy!

Adapted from a Your Lighter Side recipe

Nutritional Info (per one cheesecake with crust)
Low Carb
Calories: 212 . 4
Total Fat: 20g
Sat. Fat: 8 . 7g
Cholesterol: 62 . 1mg
Sodium: 116 . 9mg
Carbs: 8 . 9g
Fibre: 4 . 2g
Net. Carbs: 4 . 7g
Sugars: 0 . 5g
Protein: 5 . 5g

Classic
Calories: 270
Total Fat: 21g
Sat. Fat: 12g
Cholesterol: 105mg
Sodium: 210mg
Carbs: 18g
Fibre: 1g
Net. Carbs: 17g
Sugars: 12g
Protein: 4g